The Haliburton Highlands Green Burial Society (HHGBS) aims to increase options for those who wish to have human remains returned to the earth in a way that will enhance the health and natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Our Mission is to provide green burial educational opportunities and supportive resource material to the broader Haliburton County community, as well as supporting municipalities, other cemetery operators, and end-of-life service providers moving toward greener burial options across Haliburton County.
What We Do
- Advocate for green winter burials and green burial sections within existing cemeteries
- Support increased options for environmentally sensitive burial practices and memorialization of loved ones
- Stimulate discussion and action about how we can leave a positive environmental legacy even after death
- Provide information and contacts to individuals and families looking for greener burial options. supportive end-of-life planning tools and resources
Members of the Board
- Terry Moore, President
- Jenny Rieger, Vice-President
- Shirley Moore, Secretary/Treasurer
- Carolyn Langdon
- Greg Roe
- Jenn Watt
Read the board bios here